December 10, 2007

The Frozen Heartland USA

Icy streets and sidewalks are not fun. Snow on the lawn and trees and shrubs looks pretty, and does give them protection from arctic winds that blow across the plains. Winter will arrive on the 22nd of December, but we are already having a taste.

Movies I watched since I last posted are "Love Story (1939) with Irene Dunne & Charles Boyer.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031593/


I love this version even though the Grant/Kerr version is the one most people see as "An Affair To Remember." I'll watch it later in the month. But this one is just so charming, played with a light touch. And Irene Dunne sang her own song, which Kerr did not.


Last night I sat through "Cinderella Man" with Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger. I am so glad I did not spend money going to see this in the theater. What a downer the first 2 hours is. I was a kid during the depression and things were bad and we knew our parents stuggled to keep a roof over our heads and food on the table. But we still were able to play and it wasn't so bleak as the first part of this film. And the boxing scenes went on too long. At least for this viewer. I gave it 6/10 at IMDb. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0352248/


Last night was the premier of "P.S., I Love You" In Hollywood. The stars were there on the red carpet. Here is a picture of the leading actors. Left to right: Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, Jeffrey Dean Morgan.


No comments: