December 08, 2007

A Cozy Fire & A Movie

Some snow melted but then the freezing rain and sleet moved in and when I went to the mailbox, I tapped my brakes and slid right on out into the intersection. I hate when that happens. Good thing I live in a very quiet area of clu-de-sac patio homes for senior citizens, empty nesters and singles. No one on the streets. Caught the mailman and he took my mail and I didn't even get out of the car.


So back to sitting by the fire watching films, having a glass of Red Rose'.


I had a movie from my que at Blockbuster - "Disclosure" (1994). Demi Moore at her most beautiful and relishing playing a woman of power who wants what she wants. Michael Douglas is the object or her manipulations.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109635/



This afternoon after lunch, I watched another in my series of Holiday Films: "I'll Be Seeing You" (1944) Two lost souls meet on a train and end up spending Christmas and New Years with her Uncles family. Lovely title song was danced to by many a couple during the last days of WWII.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036940/

From my office window I can see my Christmas decorations on the snow covered lawn. Three small trees with white lights and 2 large presents in green and red lights. On the front porch I have a blanket light over a pot tree. So I can see cheerful decorations whenever I look outside. Brings out the inner child and makes me happy.

No comments: