December 07, 2007

A Winters Tale

The winter storm started yesterday morning and we were covered in snow by late afternoon. Pretty. I had the bird feeders all full, so there was lots of activity. Red squirrel was in the platform feeder just before dark. What a sneak!



Continuing with my Holiday films, in the afternoon, I watched a film from 1938 called "Holiday. "



Kate Hepburn and Cary Grant at their most charming. A pleasant 90 minutes.



After dinner I had my second seasonal feature - "Sleepless In Seattle." (1993) It begins on Christmas Day and ends at Valentines. Sweet and romantic. Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are so watchable.



Here is a picture of an actor I think is in the "classic" movie star mold. His name is Gerard Butler and he was King Leonidas in this years "300."


His most popular web site: http://www.gerardbutler.net/




Opening December 21st is his next film: "P.S., I Love You" with Hilary Swank.
But I first came to view him as extraordinary when I went to see 2004's the Phantom Of The Opera" during the holiday season. I will be writing more about this fine actor soon.






No comments: